Aside from the functionality of securing your garage and its contents, garage doors and openers provide a host of safety and security features:
- Lights: The garage door opener provides an automatic light when triggered, and can be set to stay on for a certain duration once the door is closed.
- Battery Backup: Certain models are equipped with a battery backup feature. If the power goes out, you will still have access to your vehicle, nor will you be stuck inside if thatâ€™s where you are when it happens.
- Keyless Entry: A keyless entry control panel is typically mounted just outside the garage door. You can operate the door using your specific entry code. Some models can even be activated with a fingerprint scanner.
- Remote Entry: The remote control for your garage door opener allows you to operate the door from a distance, and in some cases turn the lights on and off for added functionality.
- Security: Many newer models include an encrypted, rolling-code feature. The frequencies oscillate continuously, making it much more difficult for potential burglars to hack your garage door opener.
- Safety: Safety beam sensors are positioned so they can detect objects within the â€˜danger zoneâ€™ of an operating garage door. They will arrest the movement of the door if any obstruction is present, saving cars, kids and pets from accidents.